Camp Exchange is a cultural exchange program designated and regulated by the US Department of State, that gives you the chance to spend your summer living and working on a summer camp in the USA. The maximum duration of the program is 10 weeks working at a camp followed by a 30 days travel period.
As a participant in the Camp exchange program you will be leaving in working in camps for children or teenagers. Your role during the day will be split between leading activities you’ve highlighted in your application and supervising the campers as they move between activities. You may also find yourself assisting in other activities as part of your campers’ daily schedule. You will be spending a lot of time with campers - you’ll be waking up early and heading to bed late, surrounded by energetic and excitable children - it’s the hardest job you’ll ever love!
The remuneration that you can expect to receive at the end of your program depends on your role and experience, but you can expect to earn between $1500-$1600 for the summer.
Who can participate?
To be eligible for an Internship program you should meet the following requirements:
- post-secondary student, youth worker, teacher or individual with specialized skills;
- between 19 and 27 years old
- sufficiently proficient in the English language
- be available to arrive at camp no later than June 15 through august 15. Most camp contracts are between 9 and 10 weeks.
- Be able to demonstrate past experience working with children (tutoring, mentoring, coaching, volunteering- not just babysitting or care for siblings
- Have an outgoing, warm, and friendly personality
- Have experience in at least 4 of the Activities & Skills list ( available in our offices)
- Have leadership experience of some kind
- To be interested in outdoor activities (camping, hiking, swimming, boating, biking, etc.)
The program price is $649, which includes:
- Placement in a camp
- A roundtrip to the USA, all taxes included
- Meet & greet
- transfer from the airport
- one night stay in Boston or New York
- onward travel to camp
- free accommodation and full meal plan for the duration of the work period of the program
- work permit DS 2019, which allows legal work in the USA.
- Visa application assistance
- Pre-departure orientation
- Health and travel insurance, covering the whole stay in the USA
The price does not include:
- SEVIS fee - $35
- Visa interview fee - $ 160
- The costs (if any) for obtaining medical and criminal background certificate
How to enroll
Please visit our office so we can give you a full information about the program requirements and what to expect as a participant in a Camp exchange program.